About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Spookie and this is my blog! Some of you may know me from my Twitch Channel (Twitch.tv/spookiethegamer), where I play different games that I take an interest in. Or you may also know my Instagram account (Spookiethegamer) where I post small thoughts on games or movies that I might have on my mind; Most notably my weekly, "Movie Monday with Fred!", posts where Fred (the skull you see in all my profile pics) suggests a movie for you guys to go check out if you haven't yet! And we'll be doing the same thing here! As the blog name suggests, we'll be posting everything from Movie/Game Reviews, MMwF and anything we want to ramble about! Thanks for stopping by And I hope you enjoy your stay!

Followers

Monday, October 30, 2023

Movie Monday with Fred- Five Nights at Freddy’s (2023)

 This Monday Fred recommends- Five Nights at Freddy’s (2023)


Definitely not a movie that would’ve been expected to be recommended here, but there’s no denying this movie has a certain charm to it!


A security guard begins work at the abandoned Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. And he soon realizes there's something sinister going on there.

As someone who doesn't really know all that much about the games this is based on, I was still pretty entertained by this movie! I knew a few things going in, but not much else. This definitely feels like a film made as lovingly close to the source material for the fans as possible. And while I think that group with get more out of the experience, just about anyone can enjoy it. In fact, as I watched it, all I could think of was that this makes for a good gateway horror movie. If you're looking for something to watch with the whole family, or you know someone who isn't into the genre that much, FNaF is a good place to start! Although, if you looking for a scary good timing with lots of carnage-candy, you'll have to look else where. While there's some gore to push its PG-13 rating, it's not a lot, and it's not a scary movie in the slightest. Unless you have a phobia of animatronics! No, this is a movie more concerned with giving our protagonist a story and setting a mood. And it does both of those things pretty well!

The cast here all do a pretty good job! Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games, Zathura) is really good here as our protagonist, Mike. They really give his character a strong sense of motivation as to why he does the things that he does through out the course of the movie. And Matthew Lillard (Scream, Scooby Doo) is always fun to see! His role is short, but memorable!


If you're looking for a fun horror movie the whole family can sit down to, this is a good one! And just in time to send the Spooky Season off with a bang!

So, have you seen Five Nights at Freddy's (2023) yet? If so, what did you think? Does it do the games justice? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time I hope every one has a great day! And I hope everyone has a great and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment