About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Spookie and this is my blog! Some of you may know me from my Twitch Channel (Twitch.tv/spookiethegamer), where I play different games that I take an interest in. Or you may also know my Instagram account (Spookiethegamer) where I post small thoughts on games or movies that I might have on my mind; Most notably my weekly, "Movie Monday with Fred!", posts where Fred (the skull you see in all my profile pics) suggests a movie for you guys to go check out if you haven't yet! And we'll be doing the same thing here! As the blog name suggests, we'll be posting everything from Movie/Game Reviews, MMwF and anything we want to ramble about! Thanks for stopping by And I hope you enjoy your stay!

Followers

Monday, October 16, 2023

Movie Monday With Fred!- Haunt (2019)

 This Monday Fred recommends: Haunt (2019)



It's been some time since we've posted on here and what better time than the Spooky Season to get back into the swing of things! And what better way than to suggest a slasher movie that is/has been under some radars for far too long!


A group of friends end up at an extreme haunted house on Halloween night. And soon after their night turns deadly.

 


Not the most original premise, I know. But what it lacks in originality, it more than makes up for it with its setting, decent characters and a sense of dread that quickly gets under your skin, not letting go until the credits begin to roll. And the villains all stand out not only for their simplistic costumes but beyond that. And to say anymore would ruin some of the extra fun! And the standout for me for the villains has to be credited only as Ghost. Just a fun character and part of one of the most standout moments of the film for me! And this film very much earns its "R" rating; the violence on display can be pretty brutal 

 


 The cast is filled with relatively unknowns, but all do a decent job for their characters. Most notably is Katie Stevens as Harper. She's the main protagonist and very much the anchor to this film. The rest of the cast of friends all do a fine job as well. Again, none of this is wholly original, just executed very competently. Scott Beck and Bryan Woods are the duo directing from behind the camera, and if those names don't ring a bell immediately, they wrote the screenplay for A Quiet Place while writing this film. And you have Eli Roth as a producer, and I don't need to say much more than that--other than the fact that I'm looking forward to him finally making that full length film from the fake trailer for Thanksgiving!

 


It's rare for me to come across a forgotten a movie and get the feeling that it's a hidden gem but by the end I was completely won over by the film. And it's such a shame that this movie didn't really get much of a marketing push or was just ignored by the general public as I feel this should be in everyone's Halloween movie rotation.




Needless to say if you're looking for a fun way to spend an hour and a half, you really can't go wrong with this one!

So, have you seen Haunt (2019)? Have you always been in the know for this film? And if you haven't until know, let me know what you think in the comments below!

Until next time I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment